OOPSLA 2006

Last week, I attended the OOPSLA 2006 at Portland, OR. For the last several years, I tried several times to register for this conference. Every time, my registration was canceled due to different reasons. Finally, I made it in 2006:)

In general, it's a great conference with great hot topics, like AOP (Aspect oriented programming), MDD (Model driven design). On the other hand, I was a bit disappointed because it's more academic than industrial oriented. There was no talks about "Web2.0" during the whole conference. After more than 6 years of work in various industries, I'm more concerned about the actual usage than academic research.

There was an interesting talking: The Geography of Programming. But it's just the start of the search. I'm curious to see more search result coming out.

No comments: